- Once was Lea, who along with his friend Isa met Ventus.
- When Lea lost his heart, along with his friend Isa, his will was strong enough to create a Nobody who later rename himself as Axel by adding the "X" in it.
- Along with Saix, joined and became a member of Organization XIII.
- Befriend Roxas (Sora Nobody) and Xion (Replica from Sora memoires).
- Became a spy for the Organization to hunt down the traitors at Castle Oblivion.
- Join with Roxas and Xion on countless missions.
- Beat and capture Xion twice.
- Was given a mission to bring back Roxas, but failed twice.
- Help Sora defeat an army of Nobodies, though at the cost of his life.
- Return to being whole again, after the destruction of both his Heartless and Nobodies.
- Help Riku and King Mickey get Sora back from Xehanort and the True Organization XIII.
- Was able to manifest his Keyblade, becoming a Keyblade Wielder.
* Physical Feats:
- Traded blows with Marluxia, although Marluxia was unlikely to be going all-out;
- Was sent to Castle Oblivion by Xemnas with the intent of killing the rogue Organization XIII members.
- Fought Sora a few times throughout the events of Chain of Memories.
- Went up against Roxas after he regained his powers
- Defeat Xion who had much of Roxas's power at the time
* Eternal Flames: Axel utilizes two Chakrams, named "Eternal Flames". Each Chakram is circular and red, with silver spikes and circles around the edges, and two black handles shaped like crosses in the middle. Each chakram has eight spikes, possibly referencing Axel's rank in the Organization. Axel is very adept in the use of his weapon; he can throw them, use them as shields, or use them as melee weapons. He performs some unique attacks, including juggling them against an opponent, or throwing one across the entire battlefield continuously.
- He also uses them in conjunction with his fire abilities, setting the tips, or even the whole thing, on fire before throwing them. From a scene in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, it is shown that he can set his Chakrams on fire from afar, acting as a remote detonator.
- In real life, chakrams are actually small razor-edged throwing disks used by warriors in ancient India. Axel's Chakrams bear more of a resemblance to Chinese wind-and-fire wheels, wheel-shaped weapons that are used strictly as melee weapons.
Has control of all lesser Nobodies, and even control the heartless.
- Has the abilities to open a portal known as the "Corridor of Darkness", which travel into the Realm of Darkness and then can go to any worlds.
- Have the power of fire, he can ingite someone in a ball of fire with just a snap of his finger, or put his whole existence into a attack that could wipe out an entire army of Nobodies.
- He can use fire spells, and even absorb any kind of fires, thus being immune to get damage from fire moves.
- Fire Wall: Axel focuses his power of Fire to create a wall that will close in on the perimeter of the battle field.
- Firetooth: Axel throws two flaming chakrams at Sora, or creates four flaming chakrams that bounce around the area damaging Sora in the process. Only available in the second battle.
- Axel's main attack is a two-hit combo in which he moves forward slightly.
- Axel will cover himself in fire and then began throwing his chakram that is cover in fires. They can be throw from far distance, but not too long a distance.
- Axel will also suddenly dash behind Roxas, similar to the "Reversal" Reaction Command, and throw his flaming chakram through the air at him, hitting him multiple times.
- Ring of Fire: Axel is able to generate a ring of flame that acts as a physical wall for his foes, preventing their escape. The wall is completely opaque and virtually indestructible, only allowing Axel to pass through when he wills it. In doing so, Axel can make quick attacks and phase back through the flames, keeping his foes on their toes as they can never be sure where he's going to come from. In addition, the ring of flames will also ignite the floor, continually burning Axel's foes to eat away their health.
- Axel will leap behind the flames surrounding the arena and jump out without warning, leaving plumes of flame behind him, while also slamming on the ground and causing a explosion of fire waves.
- Axel will throw his flaming chakrams at Roxas and also strike him with a multi-hit combo, ending with him summoning a jet of fire from the ground.
- Axel's Limit Break is called Explosion (エクスプロージョン, Ekusupurōjon?). In Axel's Normal Limit, He throws his Chakrams at enemies while they're engulfed in fire, creating a small explosion of fire afterwards. While not being thrown, Axel's Chakrams spin rapidly, gathering fire. However, they can be thrown at any time, and do not need to charge. but by holding the A button the chakrams can be controlled in its explosion time. In his Final Limit, Axel combines his two flaming Chakrams into one enormous flaming Chakram, easily many times larger than the two Chakrams. The explosion after the attack is also much larger.
-- In order to activate a Limit Break, Larxene must drop into a low amount of her HP, also known as the Alarm Zone. This area is marked as being yellow, as opposed to the rest of the green bar. After having dropped into the Alarm Zone, a small alarm will sound, along with the word "limit" flashing in yellow over the HP bar.
- He can be damage more by ice-type.
- Putting his whole being in a attack will cause him to faded away.
- Stunning him with Light Magic, or slamming Axel into the ground will temporarily extinguish the flames that cover the floor of the ring he creates.