Height: 6.6 feet
Age: Late 20s
Species: Half Human, Half Demon
Occupation: Seeker of Power
Origin: Devil May Cry (2001)
- Awakened the ancient tower Temen-ni-gru in the hopes of opening a gate to the demon realm
- Fought and killed a countless number of demons within the tower
- Defeated Dante in their first confrontation
- Was on par with Dante at his peak in Devil Trigger
- Fought Dante for ownership of the Force Edge, though lost at the end
- In a non-canon version, took participate in Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
-Iaido Sword Style
--Associated with the smooth and controlled movements
--Uses the sword and the scabbard
-Blocks bullets and projectiles with his sword by... spinning it?
-Has sliced a travelling bullet from Dante's gun into 6 fragments
--And fired them all back
- Can slice through Dante
- Can likely block skyscraper size blows due to scaling to his brother
- Can pierce and cut through demons with no difficulty
- Can cut through statues
- Can send people flying with just Yamato's handle
- Can move and attack faster than eyesight
- Can keep up with Dante, and even outspeed him
- Created a dry area while dueling with Dante by slicing through all the raindrops around them
- Effortlessly dodges bullets
- Can likely dodge lasers and lightning due to scaling to Dante
- Cut a bullet into 6 pieces
- Catches several bullets by spinning his blade
- Haz blitzed Arkham (who has blitzed Lady)
- Threw his cape into the air, and killed a horde of demons before
it could reach the ground
- Dodged a headbutt from Echidna
- Survived multiple sword stabs at a very young age
- Can take hits from Dante
- Fought Mundus even after being left in a weaken state from his battle with his brother at the end
- Can endure blows capable of bring down islands
- Frequently shrugs off brutal injuries
- Can't die of age or illness
- Has broken through demonic illusions that drive people insane
- Can gracefully land from a large collapsing mountain
- Was trained from a young age
- Often depends on his Lightning fast speed
- Able to pull out multiple weapons in seconds to perform combo attacks
- Almost never makes a virtual mistake in battle
- Can obliterate a stuffed rabbit without harming the girl holding it
- Can decapitate demons in midair
- Calm, cool, and level headed
- Much smarter than his brother
- Extremely skilled and honorable in the arts of his blade
- A large gallery of demonic knowledge
- Retained his skill even after being turned into a mindless slave for Mundus
- Completely fearless
- Doesn't care much for his surroundings
Dark Slayer Style:
- Vergil's style
- Allows him to level up his ability through dark power
- Acts similarly to Dante's trickster style, allowing him to teleport rapidly to his will
- By throwing a Summon Sword at an enemy, it allows Vergil to warp into any enemies that are stuck with a sword's.
- By throwing a Summon Sword at certain perches or wall, can warp into that spot and leap over to reach new areas.
- Can warp really fast when going up or down.
- Can heal him from brutal and painful attacks
- Recovered from beatdowns from Jester and a fatal blow from Dante
- Recovered from being sliced in half by Dante
- Vergil's main weapon
- Was once wielded by Sparda before being passed down to Vergil
- Was used to seal the path to the Demon World in Fortuna (was also used to unseal the path)
- A katana that wields so much magic energy, it can cut through nearly anything, even the fabric of space
- Has only ever been stopped by Dante's blade Rebellion
- Power weakens as it's user does
- Can bring out the true potential of it's user
- Can easily cut a long distance forward and unleash powerful uppercuts
- Vergil dashes forward and slashes everything in his path
- Vergil's most iconic ability
- Cuts so fast opponents can't even see him unsheathed his blade as he creates a distortion in space and slashes all in his radius many times
- This attack can be performed multiple times in rapid succession (Dimension Slash)
- A pair of gauntlets and grieves taken from a Lightbeast of the same name
- Add to the user's speed and strength in CQC
- Can be charged for stronger blows
- At maximum charge, can defeat simple demons in one blow
+An aerial kick angled downward to damage the enemy from above.
- Lunar Phase:
+A powerful revolving kick, finishing with a forceful heel kick.
- Rising Sun:
+A launcher that consists of two kicks
- Beast Uppercut:
+Vergil lunges forward and sends a devastating uppercut
- Kick 13:
+Vergil locks on his opponent and unleashes a flurry of kicks
- Once wielded by Sparda, and has been used by Dante and Trish
- Has often been an objective for antagonists due to it's revered godlike power
- Can be imbued in energy for increased power and to release blasts of energy, somewhat similar to Yamato
- Can slash repeatedly while running without halt
- Can produce more hits based on Vergil's concentration
+Vergil dashes forward and stabs
- Million Stabs:
+A blinding whirlwind of stabs
+Releases a powerful shockwave, can be chained into Overdrive
- Round Trip:
+Hurl the Force Edge at a locked on enemy. You are limited to Yamato attacks while Force Edge is out of your hands.
- Blades that magically generate around Vergil and act as his replacement for firearms
- Appear around Vergil to shoot forward (sometimes in large amounts to be fired all at once when Vergil needs)
- Spiral Swords:
+Creates swords that surrounds Vergil, acting as a shield
- Blistering Swords:
+Vergil creates swords that surround an enemy then attack all at once
- Heavy Rain Swords:
+Creates a deadly rainfall of Summoned Swords above your enemy's head
- Consists of three levels, each increasing his power
- Increases by walking, standing still, and successful attacks
- Lost by taking damage, running past enemies, unsuccessful attacks, and most of all by running past enemies using Speed
- Once filled, he gains access to one of his powerful attack.
-Judgement Cut End:
+Vergil disappears in a blink of an eye leaving pillars of light to come out and break, damaging anything caught within the radius.
+Vergil slashes the opponent various times, while creating floating blue swords and turns his back as he returns to human form and has the swords come down on the opponent.
- A form shared between him and his brother (though Vergil is much more experienced with it)
- The devil half of him takes full control over his body
- Is powered through a pendant he carries
- Creates a doppelganger to fight alongside him. Vergil can delay this doppelganger's movements, as well as force it into a different type of novelist (Vergil's, standard, Angel, Demon)
- Also enhances his strength, speed, and regeneration
Nelo Angelo (Corrupted Vergil):
- Vergil is infused with a demonic suit of armor, forcing him to become a servant of the demon Mundus
- Wields a black zweihänder over Yamato
- Wields electric gauntlets and grieves
- Gains the ability to shoot demonic fire from his fists
- Uses much stronger version of Dante's attacks, as well as his own
- Extremely arrogant and overconfident
- Takes extreme mental damage when witnessing memories of his past
- Refuses to break his code of honor, which can be an obstacle for him
- Devil Trigger runs on a time limit
- Healing Factor is far from unlimited
- Abilities weaken as he takes damage
Age: 27 by "Final Fantasy VII"
Height: 6' 1"
Occupation: SOLDIER First Class (former)
Voice: Toshiyuki Morikawa (Japanese dub) George Newbern (English dub)
-As SOLIDER 1st Class, he was publicly proclaimed a war hero by the Shinra Power company, to which everyone in the SOLIDER Program hailed him to be the strongest of SOLDIER
-Could stand his ground easily against other 1st Class SOLDIERs like Angeal and Genesis
-Was such a great solider, even Cloud Strife, the man who defeated Sephiroth, was inspired to join SOLDIER because of him
-Even mentored Zack Fair
-In the moment that he discover about his 'mother' and believe that he was destined to rule over the world, started his journey toward madness by burning down the town of Nibelheim.
-In the most iconic moment of Final Fantasy VII, killed Aerith, the last of the Cetri and only one who had enough strength to put him down for good
-Despite being brought down by Cloud, managed to send an asteroid hurdling towards the planet to wipe out all life on it (which failed, but give him credit for trying)
-Through remnants of Jenova, resurrected himself and fought Cloud, nearly winning until he was defeated
-In the Kingdom Hearts series, Sephiroth fought against the main character "Sora" twice (I & II)
-Quite possibly the most well-known villain in Final Fantasy
-Based of the Odachi weapon, a two-handed Japanese weapon carried by foot soldiers to cut through calvary troops. Wearing it marked the owner as a strong and skilled warrior to be able to carry it.
+Sephiroth carries it with just one hand.
+While the official length is up for debate, the weapon is usually described to be 7 feet in length
-Six Materia slots
-255 Hit Rate and 99 Attack Power
-100% chance of critical hit
-Despite it's length and thin appearance, is strong and accurate enough to cut through metal and concrete structures like butter
-Adds +50 to Vitality and Spirit
+Vitality reduces physical damage taken
+Spirit determines magic defensive stats
-FFVII's magic selection process balls
-Sephiroth has the following Materia mastered:
=Responsible for spells Raise/Life and Arise/Life2
=Responsible for Cure spells (Cure, Cura, Curaga and Regen)
=Responsible for spells Quake, Quakra and Quaga
=Can be paired up with All, Fire and Ice Materia for attacks.
=Responsible for Multi-Target spells
=Responsible for spells like Fire, Fira and Firaga
=Responsible for spells like Blizzard, Blizzara, and Blizzaga
=Responsible for spells like Thunder, Thundara and Thundaga
=Can be paired up with Materia All.
=Ultimate Destructive magic, at the cost of taking up charge time and a lot of power
=Summons a giant meteor to destroy Gaia
- Stop: Freezes time around his opponent, leaving them helpless.
- Break: Inflicts Earth-elemental damage and may petrify the target, killing it instantly.
- Reflect: Erects a continuous forcefield that causes all magic casted against Sephiroth to be returned to the caster.
- Wall: Erects a forcefield that greatly increases Sephiroth's resistance to physical and magical attacks.
- Silence: Silences the target and renders them unable to speak, making it impossible to cast verbal magic or other abilities involving or requiring the use of the voice.
- Toad: Transmutes the the target into a common toad, rendering them virtually powerless.
- Final Attack: Sephiroth is able to use one ability even after being killed.
- Arise: Fully resurrects a fallen target, restoring them to peak fighting strength.
- Death Sentence: Sephiroth curses the target, causing them to die sixty seconds after being cursed, but this time can be shortened if time is dilated around them.
- Haste: Sephiroth speeds up time around himself to increase his effective combat and movement speed.
- Slow: Sephiroth slows down time around his opponents, reducing their effective combat and movement speed.
- Magic Breath: Sephiroth unleashes a storm of fire, lightning, and ice magic that ignores all attack reflection abilities.
- Pandora's Box: Sephiroth blasts his target with the energies from the infamous box, ignoring all defenses.
- Death Force: Sephiroth renders himself immune to instant-death abilities.
- Death: Sephiroth instantly kills his target.
LEVEL 99 STATS
- 8216 - 8773 HP (Hit Points)
-Master of manipulation; can goad enemies into rushing or attacking him
-Skilled Swordsman; again, can carry a 7 foot Odachi sword, you'd have to be
+could hold his own against other 1st-Class SOLDIERS like Genesis and Angeal by himself
+traded blows with Zack Fair and Cloud Strife
-Strong enough to cut through buildings
+After absorbing Jenova cells, was almost strong enough to cut through a planet
+yet strangely can't cut through buster swords
+probable reason for this are the blades are infused with Materia, a ball of energy produced by the lifestream from the planet.
-Super-Speed (described as Mach 10,000 but this is inconsistent)
+So fast, he almost appears to be teleporting
+rather inconsistent and this may be tied to the amount of mana and black materia he has available
+Seeing as he planned to drop an asteroid on the planet Earth, pretty sure he could survive that
-Manipulation over gravity
+hence what gives him the appearance of flight
+cause let's be honest, one wing cannot provide the amount of force required to get yourself up into the air (well not with that attitude!)
KINGDOM HEARTS ABILITIES:
-Flash (in the blink of an eye, jumps from one end of the arena to the other, landing fast and strong attacks. Can be blocked as Sora demonstrated)
-Omnislash (flies around the arena swinging his long sword wildly at anyone foolish enough to get in his way)
-Stigma (Creates several large pillars of fire that suck the player towards him)
-Shadow Flares (creates balls of darkness that surround the player that home in on them)
-Super Nova (summons several meteors from the sky to land on Sora and explode on impact)
-Heartless Angel (flies into the air and drops the adversary's health down to 1, can be stopped if hit fast enough)
CRISIS CORE ABILITIES:
- Hell's Gate
- Heaven's Light
-Sephiroth's first form, each body part acts upon it's own will to attack
+The left limb absorbs Fire and Earth magic
+The right limb absorbs Ice and Lightning magic
+The Core is immune to all attacks until the limbs are defeated, Core also heals the Torso
-While his limbs can use powerful magic, they have low HP
+Stigma - poisons enemies
+Sephiroth Shock - slows enemies down, very painfully
+Bizzaro Energy - heals the body by 6,000
+Heartless Angel - Inflicts damage equal to the target's current HP minus 1 on all opponents.
+Bolt - A bolt of lightning
+Ice - Ice magic
+Quake - earthquake magic
+Fire - shoots out a fireball on enemies
-Sephiroth's final form as well as his most deadly
-This form is where the famed "One Winged Angel" song originated from
-Can fly, thus leaving melee or short-range attacks off the table to defeat him
-Each of his attacks can either KO you or leave status effects
+Wall - creates a protective barrier around the user
+DeSpell - removes positive status enhancements from the party, not always guaranteed to work
+Deen - basically just bitch-slaps the player with his wings
+Pale Horse - Turns enemies into animals, like frogs
+Break - Causes paralysis by dropping a giant rock on your head. Has a chance of missing
+Shadow Flare - attacks with orbs made of darkness
+Sephiroth’s EX Mode in Dissidia
+Accessed this form near the end of his duel with Cloud in Advent Children Complete
+Gains a singular black wing to aid in flight
+Super Nova - As an ultimate, attack, Sephiroth summon a large meteor far from the Milky Way Galaxy that goes on the collision to the sun, to which cause the sun to explosion and destroy few planets before envelopes the planet Earth and burns all who stand in it's pathway (possibly even have the power to destroy the Earth itself)
+Meteor (summons a large meteor from space to slam down on the planet, requires prep time)
+Octaslash (delivers eight fast and devastating attacks to his victim)
+Heartless Angel (reduces the Party's HP to 1, but takes time to charge)
-Despite his calm demeanor, he is completely insane
-Despite his durability, a large buster sword is enough to put him down
-Omnislash is the one attack he can't defend himself from
-Also, like all other Final Fantasy characters, his magic is limited to his mana and Materia use
+Then again, Square Enix claimed Sephiroth "wasn't fighting to his full potential"